Engaging the community and creating access to arts experiences at the Kauffman Center
Please fill out the required application form below and hit “submit” to complete the application process. An application will need to be completed in its entirety and cannot be saved or revisited throughout the submittal process.
All application materials must be received by Wednesday, March 1, 2023, and will be reviewed by the selection committee. Applying does not guarantee a performance slot at Future Stages Festival.
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
c/o Future Stages Festival Committee
1601 Broadway Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64108
Performance group applicants are encouraged to have a minimum of 10 performers and are expected to have been actively performing in the community (ex. 3-5 annual performances) for a minimum of 2 years.
This year, a stipend of $200 is awarded to each selected performance group to help cover the cost of transportation to the festival or associated performance expenses.
The festival features multiple stages – Muriel Kauffman Theatre, Helzberg Hall, the Saint Luke’s Outdoor Stage and the Kansas City Symphony's Mobile Music Box stage. Stage assignments are based upon type of program, production requirements, festival needs and previous festival participation.
• Performance must be appropriate for a family-friendly audience.
• Group must be made up of primarily youth performers between 5-18 years old.
• Group must deliver a complete performance that fills 20 minutes of time. An additional 5 minutes for set up and 5 minutes of strike will be worked into your performance time slot.
• Group must provide their own costumes, music or accompaniment (if needed) and transportation to and from the event.
• Group must be available during the entire festival day from 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Specific performance time slots and itinerary will be communicated to each group six weeks prior to the festival.
Performance group cancellations must be made no less than five weeks prior to the event. Groups that cancel after the five-week deadline will not be invited to apply for the following year's Future Stages Festival.
1. Performance Agreement – to be completed by main contact.
2. W-9 Form – to be completed by main contact
3. Event Waiver – to be completed by EACH performer. Performers who have not submitted a completed waiver two weeks before the event will not be allowed to perform.
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
All content © 2023 Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts